The Lizard peninsula combines great walking with lovely sandy beaches and an incredible peaceful vibe. There are small towns here, villages and the most southerly point in the UK. This is a magnificent place to base yourself for a holiday in Cornwall. There are some fabulous getaways from it all holiday cottages on the Lizard, some glorious and luxurious hotels on the Lizard and the friendliest of bed and breakfasts. These are the best places to stay on the Lizard.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED AND AFFILIATE LINKS. MORE INFORMATION IN OUR DISCLAIMER
Travel Tips for Exploring Cornwall
BOOK ACCOMMODATION IN CORNWALL
- Sykes Cottages for fabulous holiday homes
- Holiday Cottages for great holiday cottages
- Glorious places to stay with Rural Retreats.
- Booking.com for hotels & B&B.s
Read about Cornwall in these incredible books
Here’s how to get to Cornwall
Book the best tours and guides on GetYourGuide
Book Trains & Buses with Omio
Check Megabus timetables and fares to Cornwall here.
Rent a Car with Discover Cars
Never get lost with the Ordnance Survey Maps App
The Best Holiday Cottages on the Lizard
You won’t want for spectacular views and rural idylls when it comes to Lizard holiday cottages. This area of Cornwall has to be (shh, don’t tell anyone) my favourite and it’s because it’s quiet, rural and quite simply delightful. The holiday cottages on the Lizard range from stunning, contemporary homes for the entire family, to quirky treehouses and fabulous cliff-top cottages. Here are the best holiday cottages on the Lizard.
The first thing that you’ll notice about this glorious holiday cottage on the Lizard is the view. It is incredible. The cliff-top setting provides the most amazing sea views. This Lizard holiday cottage is just a short walk from Mullion Cove and is of the highest calibre and exudes a modern style. The contemporary kitchen is outfitted with all the appliances you could possibly need during your stay, and the roomy living area is decorated in crisp neutral tones with oak finishing for a classy touch. Seaspray Cottage books out quickly, so you’ll need to reserve early!
You have a fantastic sense of quiet and tranquillity while you are at this property, which is all on one floor and in a picturesque setting. The kitchen area has everything you need for cooking during your vacation at home, including an electric oven and cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, and fridge with an ice compartment. The lounge room is the ideal location to unwind in front of the TV or make plans for the day’s activities tomorrow. Read more reviews of Seaspray Cottage.
Seaspray Cottage Features
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- TV in lounge
- Electric effect log burner
- Charcoal BBQ
Key Information about Seaspray Cottage
- 2 bedrooms – 1 double and 1 twin
- 1 shower room(with heated towel rail)
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, and fridge with ice compartment
- Electric, heating and bed linen included
This holiday cottage on the Lizard benefits from being on one floor and is located in a stunning clifftop setting overlooking Mullion Cove. You can see available dates here.
The first thing that you’ll notice at this gorgeous Lizard peninsular holiday apartment is the view from the open-plan living and dining room, it is superb. This two-bedroom, top-floor holiday apartment on the Lizard has two bedrooms: a twin bedroom and a main double bedroom with an en-suite shower and toilet. Contemporary decor and furnishings feature throughout this well-located apartment, which is within walking distance of Kennacks Sands beach. You can see more of the views from this holiday home on the Lizard here.
As well as the en-suite, there’s a family bathroom with a toilet and a shower over the tub. The fully-equipped kitchen has an electric range and oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, and washing machine. There’s Wi-Fi throughout and the open-plan lounge has a TV with DVD as well as an Xbox One. You can read more reviews of Seascape, Lizard.
Seascape Lizard Features
- Secure parking for 1 car
- Lounge/kitchen/diner: open-plan with TV/DVD, Xbox One S
- Breathtaking sea views
- Kitchen area, with electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, and washing machine
- Location: beach, pubs, and shops within walking distance
Key Information about Seascape Lizard
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms: 1 double with en-suite shower and WC and 1 twin
- Bathroom: with shower over bath and WC
- Bed linen, towels, electricity, central heating, and Wi-Fi included
This exquisitely equipped top-floor holiday apartment with amazing views is ideally located just a short stroll from Kennack Sands’ lovely sandy beach. Further details are available here.
You’ll delight in the shared heated swimming pool here at Woodpecker’s Cottage, which is set within a spectacular 23-acre country estate. This bespoke holiday cottage can accommodate up to four people and has two bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms. The kitchen is completely furnished with an electric oven and stove, microwave, and refrigerator with an ice box. In the courtyard, there is a common utility room with a washer and dryer. Click here to find out more about Woodpeckers Cottage.
The lodging in this Lizard peninsular holiday cottage is set up on one storey, with just three steps leading up to it. A contemporary shower room and toilet are located in the roomy double bedroom. With a Smart TV, Ruark audio, a wireless point for Wi-Fi, and stunning views over the pool area, the open-plan living room, kitchen, and dining area are fully equipped for a fabulous holiday on the Lizard. You can see availability here.
Woodpeckers Cottage Features
- Shared heated outdoor swimming pool (open from May to the end of September, weather permitting), changing room, and WC
- Access to 23 acres of private estate, farmland with sheep, chickens, and horses, picnic areas, climbing frame, slide, and swing, walks, and access to public footpaths
- The accommodation is arranged on one floor, accessed by three steps
Key Information about Woodpeckers Cottage
- Sleeps 2
- Bedroom: double with en-suite shower room and WC
- Lounge/kitchen/diner: open-plan with Smart TV, Ruark audio, a wireless point for Wi-FI, and views over the swimming pool
- Kitchen area, with electric oven and hob, microwave and fridge with ice compartment
- Bed linen, towels, electricity, central heating, and Wi-Fi included
- Shared utility room: with washing machine and tumble dryer, in the courtyard
- Outside: shared courtyard with garden furniture and BBQ
- Ample private off-road parking
This gorgeous chocolate box cottage on a private estate has a swimming pool! There are more photos and availability here.
This quirky studio holiday accommodation in Gweek is located not far from the Cornish Seal Sanctuary, a perfect location at the top of the Lizard peninsular. The open-plan living area has a well-equipped kitchenette, including a portable electric stove, combi microwave/oven, and fridge/freezer. There’s a dining area in this gloriously peaceful studio apartment on the Lizard. Check prices of the Old Boathouse, Gweek here.
While this is a studio, the separate areas of the Old Boathouse are nicely separated. This holiday accommodation in Gweek benefits from two double sofas, a full double bed, a dining area and a kitchenette. And it’s all located in a delightfully peaceful location in a garden. There’s off-road parking and bike storage too. Want to stay in The Old Boathouse? More details here.
The Old Boathouse, Gweek Features
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Bike storage
- Front garden and shared side garden with furniture
- Shop and pub 0.1 miles
Key Information about The Old Boathouse, Gweek
- Studio-style layout with double bed, kitchen, dining and sitting area with electric fire
- Shower room with walk-in shower, basin, and WC
- Electric central heating with electric fire
- Combi microwave/oven, portable electric hob, fridge/freezer
- TV, WiFi
- Fuel, power, bed linen and towels inc. in rent
This is a gorgeous small, but perfectly formed holiday studio on the Lizard for a couple. It’s a great location with super facilities. See available dates and prices here.
As this beautiful 6-bedroom boathouse on the Lizard you’re just steps away from the shore and your own private slipway to the beach, which has a sand and shingle beachfront, is located just a few feet past your garden. Take a morning swim in the waters of the creek, or rent a kayak or boat and explore. There’s more information about The Boathouse here.
This stunning contemporary holiday home on the Lizard is located along a single-track country lane and is perfect for a getaway from it all trip to Cornwall. There’s a wraparound deck with glorious views, a cosy living area, a games room, a modern kitchen-diner, and super king-size double rooms with en-suites. The enormous kitchen is well equipped with all you’ll need to self-cater and the lounge area comes with a TV, games, and toys should a rainy day intervene. This is a stunning location and a glorious holiday cottage on the Lizard, you can see more about it here.
The Boathouse Features
- Private slipway
- Wraparound Deck
- Wood burning stove
Key Information about The Boathouse
- Sleeps 14 people
- 6 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Private Parking
- Private Slipway
With a private slipway, wraparound deck, 6 bedrooms, and stunning facilities you won’t want to miss this holiday home on the Lizard. Want to see more about The Boathouse?
St. Corantyn Cottage is one of just three stunning holiday cottages on the stunning Bonython Estate Gardens, which span around 20 acres and include a freshly refurbished walled garden and potager as well as a hidden valley with three small lakes. This delightful holiday cottage on the Lizard offers excellent comfort, the solitude and tranquillity of the estate, and is close to the conveniences of the Lizard towns and villages. This Lizard Holiday cottage home has two bedrooms, a flat-screen TV, and a fully furnished kitchen with an oven and dishwasher. Want more information on St Corantyn Cottage?
This lovely holiday cottage on a private estate on the Lizard includes a wood-burning stove, ample parking, and both a lawned area and a private patio area outside. The cottage is arranged over one level and is simply, but elegantly decorated. Check availability here.
St Corantyn Cottage Features
- Located on the Bonython Estate Gardens, comprising some 20 acres, with a recently renovated walled garden, potager, and a hidden valley with three small lakes.
- Wood burning stove.
- Ample parking.
- Private gravel courtyard at the rear of the property.
- Lawned garden to the front of the property
Key Information about St Corantyn Cottage
- Sleeps four guests.
- 2 Bedroom
- Master bedroom, dressing room, and en-suite bathroom.
- Twin bedroom, dressing room, and separate shower room.
With access to some of the most breathtaking gardens and lakes, this is a fantastic location for a relaxing stay on the Lizard. St Corantyn Cottage books out quickly, so you’ll need to reserve early!
This hand-built cedar treehouse is tucked away up amongst ash, beech, and oak trees as if it were growing there. This truly unique place to stay on the Lizard even has its own pizza oven and log burner hidden inside. Take a look at the reviews for the Kalmynsi Treehouse.
The interior of this stunning treehouse on the Lizard, which is modelled by Scandinavian living areas, softly arcs from one end to the other. You can curl up in front of the Ekol wood fire on the Graham and Green two-seater sofa, armchair, and Big Bertha Beanbag. Relax while listening to the old record player, play board games, or cook up a storm. There’s more on this unique treehouse On the Lizard here.
Kalmynsi Treehouse Features
- All logs, kindling, and matches are provided.
- Dressing gowns, slippers, towels, and a hairdryer are provided
- The owners also provide torches and outdoor ‘sheepskin’ type blankets.
- The property allows two dogs and dog bowls are provided
Key Information about Kalmynsi Treehouse
- 1 bedroom
- 1 bathroom
- Wood burner for cosy nights in with a vintage record player
- Private outdoor seating area with a fire pit
- Portable BBQ and picnic hamper basket
- There’s 4G reception and good WiFi
- The owners provide a welcome hamper on arrival which includes organic milk, Clipper tea, locally roasted coffee, and other treats plus a bottle of prosecco to help you settle in.
- Bring your canine companions with you – this is a dog-friendly retreat.
This is a truly glorious and unique place to stay on the Lizard and you can find more information and check availability here!
The Best Hotels on the Lizard
If you prefer to stay in a hotel on the Lizard, then we’ve picked the best hotels in this part of Cornwall. They’re luxurious, have some fabulous facilities and have some great locations. Here are the best hotels on the Lizard.
The 30 guestrooms at this Lizard Hotel come with tea and coffee-making amenities, and complimentary welcome packs, and there are a range of rooms available from Standard to Sea-view and Premier. Large rooms offer relaxed luxury, with large windows facing the Atlantic with a light, reflective colour palette. The heated pool here is a glorious treat in this fabulous hotel on the Lizard, and the hot tubs and spa are perfect for relaxing in. You can read more about Mullion Cove Hotel & Spa here.
Three treatment rooms, an outdoor wood-fired hot tub, a heated seasonal pool, a sun terrace, a lounge area, an indoor hydrotherapy infinity pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a post-treatment relaxation room are all features of this luxury retreat on the Lizard. Want to see more of Mullion Cove Hotel & Spa? Check more details.
- Mullion Cove Hotel & Spa Address: Cliff Road, Mullion, TR12 7EP, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at the Mullion Cove Hotel & Spa? – Yes, free parking available at the hotel
- Is there a Restaurant onsite at the Mullion Cove Hotel & Spa? – No
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at the Mullion Cove Hotel & Spa? – No
- Is Breakfast available at the Mullion Cove Hotel & Spa? – Yes
Extensive breakfast options are available, dogs are welcome and this gorgeous hotel at Mullion Cove gets fabulous reviews, you can see room rates here.
The Lizard’s Top House Inn is the most southerly inn on the British mainland and provides award-winning accommodation and food. You’ll find the Top House Inn just a 15-minute walk from Lizard Point, and you’ll also find a warm welcome whatever the weather in this West Country pub and hotel. All the guestrooms here have ensuite bathrooms and free luxury toiletries. Rooms have flat-screen TVs and tea and coffee facilities as well as being stylishly furnished. Rooms at The Top House Inn are popular, so book early.
This great place to stay on the Lizard is in a fabulous location and has a patio and a lounge for guests. In the winter, a blazing fireplace welcomes you into the lounge and bar. There’s free parking here and a super friendly welcome. Check more details here.
- The Top House Inn Address: The Top House Inn, Lizard, TR12 7NQ, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at The Top House Inn? – Yes
- Is there a Restaurant onsite at The Top House Inn? – No
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at The Top House Inn? – No
- Is Breakfast available at The Top House Inn? – No
The Top House Inn is a charming place to stay in a breathtaking setting on Cornwall’s Lizard Peninsula. See availability here.
Almost all of The Bay Hotel’s rooms offer breathtaking, unobstructed views of Coverack Bay, it’s a great location for wandering along the seafront or coastline, sailing, swimming, and perhaps even viewing dolphins as it’s only a short distance from Coverack beach. The hotel’s rooms come with a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom, bed linens, and towels. The rooms here have a kettle and a minibar, and select rooms have terraces with stunning views. Check prices of rooms at The Bay Hotel here.
Less than half a kilometre from Coverack, and providing free WiFi throughout the hotel, the Bay Hotel in Coverack is in a great location, with super rooms and facilities. Read more reviews of The Bay Hotel.
- The Bay Hotel Address: The Bay Hotel North Corner, Coverack, Coverack, TR12 6TF, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at The Bay Hotel? – Yes, free parking available at the hotel
- Is there a Restaurant onsite at The Bay Hotel? – No
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at The Bay Hotel? – Yes
- Is Breakfast available at The Bay Hotel? – Yes
The Bay Hotel is located in the charming community of Coverack on the Lizard Peninsula in an unspoiled seaside setting. Click here for more details about this hotel.
We’ve picked just one Lizard Bed & Breakfast, simply because of its friendly welcome, fabulously comfortable rooms, great breakfast and super parking options.
Haelarcher Farmhouse, Lizard B&B
This fabulous B&B on the Lizard has spacious rooms, with high ceilings, and seriously comfortable beds. You’re just a short walk from the Lizard lighthouse and Kynance Cove and some of the rooms here have sea views. There’s free WiFi and free parking here, and some rooms have private bathrooms, while others have shared bathrooms. There are several breakfast options here, and the hosts also cater for vegans too. Want more information on Haelarcher Farmhouse?
There’s a garden to relax in at this lovely Lizard Peninsula Bed and Breakfast, where the friendly hosts can’t do enough for you. If you’re looking for somewhere with a super breakfast, comfortable beds and a friendly environment, then this bed and breakfast on the Lizard is perfect. Read more reviews of the Haelarcher Farmhouse here.
- Haelarcher Farmhouse Address: Penmenner Road, Lizard, TR12 7NN, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at the Haelarcher Farmhouse? – Yes, free private parking is available on-site
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at the Haelarcher Farmhouse? – Yes
- Is Breakfast available at the Haelarcher Farmhouse? – Yes
The charming Haelarcher Farmhouse is a lovely Lizard bed & breakfast with a great setting, welcoming staff, and delicious food. Check availability here.
Quirky Accommodation in Cornwall
Cornwall has a host of quirky places to stay. Here are our guides to some of our favourite unusual places to stay in Cornwall.
- Lighthouses that you can stay at in Cornwall.
- The best Cornish castles to stay in
- Converted chapels and churches to stay at in Cornwall
- Thatched Holiday Cottages in Cornwall
Final Words on the Best Places to Stay on the Lizard
Perfect for relaxing, hiking the South West Coast Path and exploring South Cornwall, the Lizard Peninsular combines a chilled-out location with some stunning sea views. Whether you opt for a rural Lizard holiday rental or a friendly B&B, the Lizard is a great place to kick back, explore and spend your Cornish holiday.
Cornwall’s Best is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.