Come to Mevagissey, a tiny, rustic classic Cornish fishing village, set on a hillside rolling down to the sea. Much of Mevagissey is centred around the harbour and the windy small streets. It’s a fabulous place to base yourself for a holiday in Cornwall, and it’s a great experience to see Mevagissey after the day trippers from other places have gone home. So treat yourself and come and make Mevagissey your base for your time in Cornwall. Here are the best places to stay in Mevagissey.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED AND AFFILIATE LINKS. MORE INFORMATION IN OUR DISCLAIMER
Where to Stay in Mevagissey, Cornwall
Whether you’re looking for a hotel in Mevagissey (and there are some gorgeous ones), a bed and breakfast, or even a holiday cottage, there are some great places to stay here. Be sure to pick Mevagissey Accommodation with a great garden to enjoy the outdoors if you’re visiting in summer, or pick one with a cosy wood-burning stove if you’re visiting out of high season.
The 6 Best Holiday Cottages in Mevagissey
Whether you’re looking for a stylish Mevagissey apartment or a cosy holiday cottage, we’ve taken a look at the best holiday homes in Mevagissey. You’ll find cottages close to the harbour, with stunning sea views, fully equipped kitchens, and gorgeous gardens. Here are the best holiday cottages in Mevagissey.
Polkirt Cottage is a delightful stone-built cottage with fabulous views of the harbour and the sea in Mevagissey. This traditional fisherman’s cottage in Mevagissey is homely and fully equipped for a holiday. Decorated in contemporary, yet neutrals colours, there’s also a nautical theme throughout. This glorious waterside holiday cottage in Mevagissey also has a private courtyard and is both delightful in summer and cosy in winter months. This traditional home with a nautical theme is located in the heart of Cornwall’s idyllic fishing village of Mevagissey and is excellent for a getaway with friends, family, or even just as a couple. Want to see more about Polkirt Cottage?
There are two bedrooms here at Mevagissey’s Polkirt Cottage, with a master bedroom on the ground floor and a second bedroom too. The lounge area is supremely comfortable and the fully-equipped kitchen and welcome pack make this a fabulous place to stay in Mevagissey. Spend some time in the courtyard and enjoy the cooling sea breeze before taking a short journey to the harbour itself. There, you’ll find a variety of attractions for people of all ages, including waterside cafés, artisan stores, an art gallery, a museum, and even an aquarium. Check availability here for this fabulous Mevagissey holiday cottage!
- Downstairs bathroom with shower, basin, and WC.
- WiFi-controlled electric heating and electric woodburning-effect fire.
- Electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing/dryer, TV, WiFi, and a selection of books.
- Fuel and power are included in the rent.
- Bed linen and towels are included in the rent.
- Travel cot available.
- Permit parking in nearby Willows Car Park.
- Courtyard with garden furniture.
- Shop and pub within 0.1 miles.
- Note: The cottage leads straight onto the road.
- Two bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size (zip/link, can be twin upon request) and 1 x double.
- 2nd Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin, and WC.
- Separate dining room.
- First-floor sitting room with electric woodburning-effect fire
- No pets and no smoking.
There’s a perfect location and a fabulously well-equipped place to stay here at Polkirt Cottage. Read more reviews of Polkirt Cottage here.
Glanville House is a remarkable holiday home in Mevagissey with breathtaking sea views from every room. This luxurious home is perfectly situated for families and parties looking for an elegant Cornwall holiday because it is situated on the harbourfront here in Mevagissey. Glanville House books out quickly, so you’ll need to reserve early!
This beautifully decorated holiday cottage, Glanville House, is set over three floors. From the open-plan kitchen/dining room with its handmade kitchen that you’ll see from the moment you walk through the door, to the gorgeous sitting room filled with exquisite paintings, antiques, and artefacts. See rates for this gorgeous holiday home here.
Glanville House Features
- Over three floors
- Four bedrooms: 2 x first-floor twin bedrooms with TVs, 1 x second floor king-size double with TV, 1 x second-floor double with TV
- Central heating, wood-burning stove.
- Electric oven and electric 5 ring Neff hob, microwave, fridge freezer, washing machine, dishwasher.
- TV with Freeview, WiFi, DVD, and iPod dock.
- Children over two are welcome.
- No pets and no smoking.
- Shop and pub 5-minute walk.
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed Linen and towels inc. in rent
- Unloading is possible outside the house and cars can be parked at a nearby car park (around 500 meters away) at a cost of around £40 per vehicle per week
This truly luxurious Mevagissey holiday home is the perfect venue for families and groups, Glanville House offers high-quality accommodation in a glorious coastal setting. Glanville House books out quickly, so you’ll need to reserve early!
The three-story cottage, Cellar Cottage, is located right in the centre of Mevagissey, Cornwall. This Mevagissey holiday home sleeps two people and has one king-size bedroom with an en-suite shower room. Additionally, there is a sitting area and a kitchen/diner. Parking is accessible outside at a neighbouring car park. For couples seeking a taste of Cornwall, Cellar Cottage offers a delightful base. Want more information on Cellar Cottage?
This lovely three-story cottage is located in the centre of the ever-popular village of Mevagissey and, rather quaintly, can be accessed through the pub garden! This Mevagissey holiday cottage for two is in a perfect location in the village, has super facilities, and is supremely comfortable, plus the pub is a great addition too! If you travel further, you may easily reach Caerhays Castle, The Eden Project, The Lost Gardens of Heligan, and Dodman Point. In fact, from this well-known area, a number of Cornish sights may be reached in roughly 45 minutes. Enjoy exploring Cornwall in the convenience of Cellar Cottage. Read more reviews of Cellar Cottage here!
Cellar Cottage Features
- Over three floors
- One bedroom: 1 x king-size (zip/link, can be twins on request) with Smart TV with Netflix and en-suite shower, basin, heated towel rail, and WC
- First-floor sitting room with Smart TV.
- Electric central heating
- Air fryer, microwave, small fridge/freezer, electric frying pan, 2 x Smart TV, and WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed Linen and towels inc. in rent
Key Information about Cellar Cottage
- Parking is available in the nearby car park at a charge
- No pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 0.1 miles, beach 1.2 miles
Enjoy getting to know this part of Cornwall from the comfort of Cellar Cottage. Check availability here!
The entire family will enjoy unwinding in this roomy apartment in Mevagissey. Enjoy the refreshing sea breeze or turn on the electric heater for a snug sanctuary that is made even cosier by the warm-toned decor. The lounge of Mevagissey’s Quarterdeck Apartment has high ceilings, is roomy, and is furnished with comfort in mind. A well-stocked kitchen gives you the option of eating in or making a picnic in advance of a stroll down to the sea. A study allows you to keep up with any work commitments. There’s more on the Quarterdeck Apartment in Mevagissey here.
There are many sites nearby to explore if you want more than just rest and relaxation. Take the South West Coast Path to see South Cornwall’s coastal cliffs, headlands, and bays. Read more reviews of Quarterdeck Apartment here!
Quarterdeck Apartment Features
- 3 bedrooms – 2 doubles, 1 single
- Bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Kitchen – Electric oven, fridge/freezer, washing machine, and microwave
- Electric fire
- Towels available for hire
- Electric and heating included
- Wi-Fi included
Key Information about Quarterdeck Apartment
- No pets
- Parking in village car parks nearby
- Location: beach, shops, and pubs all within walking distance
Explore the delightful fishing village of Mevagissey from this lovely apartment. Want more information on Quarterdeck Apartment?
You will find the well-equipped country-style kitchen with an electric burner and oven, fridge with an ice section, dishwasher, microwave, and washing machine as soon as you enter this delightful cottage. Read more reviews of The Old Barbers here!
The dining room, which is on the opposite side of the hallway and is reached through a small doorway, is a fantastic place for those family dinners and has a table that seats four. Find out more about The Old Barbers by clicking here
The Old Barber’s Features
- 2 bedrooms – 1 king-size, 1 twin
- 1 bathroom with shower over bath
- Kitchen – with electric hob and oven, fridge with ice compartment, dishwasher, microwave, and washing machine
- Multi-fuel burner (first basket of logs included)
- Electric heating included
- Portmellon Beach is 1 mile, and shops, pubs, and the harbour are just minutes away
- TV with BT TV and box and sports package in lounge and TV in the master bedroom
Key Information about The Old Barbers
- Free parking is provided for 1 car at the Willow car park
- No pets
- Wi-Fi included
This is a perfectly located holiday cottage in Mevagissey for exploring Cornwall’s South coast with easy access to the coastal path. Check prices of The Old Barbers here!
This lovely historic home in the seaside community of Mevagissey is close to the beach and other facilities. Stunning direct sea views are available from the majority of rooms and the garden terraces of this newly furnished detached holiday home, which is situated on a hill overlooking the village of Mevagissey on a private road. This is a holiday cottage that you shouldn’t miss, click here for more details.
This holiday home in Mevagissey is perfect for long vacations with family or friends because it is perched in an elevated position with gorgeous sea views. With four bedrooms that can accommodate eight guests, this house provides plenty of area for gathering with friends, unwinding, or celebrating during your Cornish vacation. This substantial home has been tastefully furnished and designed, radiating grandeur and luxury while remaining functional. Reserve your dates now!
Edwardian Seaview House Features
- 4 bedrooms – 3 king-size and 1 twin
- 3 bathrooms – 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC and 2 en-suite shower rooms with WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, Bosch coffee machine, and fridge/freezer with a filtered water machine
- Utility room with washer dryer and WC
- Smart TV in lounge and downstairs bedroom
- Wireless phone charging lamps in 2 of the bedrooms
- Art Deco Walnut piano downstairs in the hallway
- Outside is a fabulous garden with multi-level terraces, a BBQ area, and one area is enclosed and all with views of the sea
Key Information about Edwardian Seaview House
- Private off-road parking for 4 cars
- Beach, pubs, and shops within walking distance
- No dogs
This glorious large holiday home in Mevagissey has fabulous views of the sea. Read more reviews of Edwardian Seaview House here.
The Best 2 Hotels in Mevagissey
There are some simply gorgeous hotels in Mevagissey. You’ll find luxury and more budget-friendly Mevagissey hotels and you’ll be spoiled for choice when it comes to picking one. These hotels in Mevagissey provide you with terrific amenities, beautiful gardens, and well-designed spaces. Here are our favourite hotels in Mevagissey.
The Tremarne Hotel in Mevagissey, Cornwall, is a chic, multi-award-winning establishment with exceptional cuisine, prompt, friendly service, and a stunning setting with breathtaking sea views. This Mevagissey Hotel is surrounded by stunning, untainted landscapes, sandy coves, and protected bays. This five-star hotel in Mevagissey fuses modern design with old-world charm. There’s an outdoor pool and free-onsite parking. Want to see more about Tremarne Hotel?
The Tremarne Hotel has a position in Mevagissey that is unparalleled. This five-star Mevagissey hotel has free WiFi, free on-site parking, and a gorgeous seasonal swimming pool that is open from May to September. Each of the Tremarne Hotel’s beautifully decorated rooms has a view of either the countryside or the ocean. All the rooms at this five-star hotel in Mevagissey have an en suite bathroom and a flat-screen TV. Private balconies are available in several of the rooms, and there is a large terrace and garden. Check prices of rooms at the Tremarne Hotel here.
- Tremarne Hotel Address: Polkirt, Mevagissey, PL26 6UY, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at the Tremarne Hotel? – Yes, it is free.
- Is there a Restaurant onsite at the Tremarne Hotel? – Yes.
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at the Tremarne Hotel? – Yes.
- Is Breakfast available at the Tremarne Hotel? – Yes.
The Tremarne Hotel is all about luxury, comfort, relaxation, and individuality. Rooms at the Tremarne Hotel are popular, so book early!
The beach is 6 minutes walk from this Mevagissey Hotel. On Cornwall’s south coast, the Mevagissey Bay Hotel offers tranquil lodging with breathtaking sea views. This hotel offers free parking and Wi-Fi in a relaxing environment. Check availability here!
The Mevagissey Hotel is an excellent place to explore the county. There is a lovely lounge and bar area with views of the ocean as well as a second, more private parlour with a log fire for chilly winter days. No matter what time of day it is on sunny days, head outside to the deck for a beverage or cream tea. See more information about the Mevagissey Bay Hotel.
- Mevagissey Bay Hotel Address: Polkirt Hill, Mevagissey, PL26 6UX, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at the Mevagissey Bay Hotel? – Free private parking available at the hotel
- Is there a Restaurant onsite at the Mevagissey Bay Hotel? – No.
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at the Mevagissey Bay Hotel? – Yes.
- Is Breakfast available at the Mevagissey Bay Hotel? – Yes, and there are also tea and coffee makers in all rooms.
Unwind and relax at this perfectly located hotel in Mevagissey. Rooms at the Mevagissey Bay Hotel are popular, so book early!
The Best 2 Bed and Breakfasts in Mevagissey
Mevagissey is a popular spot to come on holiday in Cornwall and it’s even more popular to visit on a day trip. Make your visit special by staying here and enjoying the village after the day trippers have gone home. These Mevagissey Bed and Breakfasts are well located and provide some great accommodation with super friendly service. These best Mevagissey B&Bs include great breakfasts, fast WiFi and sometimes parking too!
This Mevagissey guest home has 4 rooms to choose from. There are several room options available, including a double room and a holiday cottage. Free toiletries, a dining table, an electric kettle, a clothes rack, a microwave, a refrigerator, and a flat-screen TV are just a few of the amenities available to visitors. From your window, you will enjoy a view of the ocean. Additionally, rooms here at the Wheel House offer distinctive amenities like fireplaces to visitors. More about The Wheel House when you click here.
Every morning, the Wheel House bed and breakfast serves a Full English/Irish breakfast. This is an excellent location and all of the facilities in this B&B in Mevagissey are within walking distance. Here are some of the reviews about The Wheel House!
- The Wheel House Address: West Wharf Mevagissey, Mevagissey, PL26 6UJ, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at The Wheel House?– Yes, it is free.
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at The Wheel House?– Yes.
- Is Breakfast available at The Wheel House?– Yes.
The Wild Air Guest House is just 300 meters from the centre of Mevagissey, and this is a great place for a holiday home. e In this Mevagissey bed and breakfast, there are double rooms available. The flat-screen tv, free toiletries, and an electric kettle are included in the amenities. From your window, you will enjoy a view of the sea. Check prices of rooms at the Wild Air Guest House here.
Breakfast is offered in the breakfast room or on the balcony, where you can enjoy a variety of regional foods together with excellent service. Wild Air Guest House has a beautiful garden and patio for guests to enjoy drinks and relaxation. Get more information about Wild Air Guest House.
- Wild Air Guest House Address: Wild Air Guest House, Polkirt Hill, Mevagissey, PL26 6UX, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at the Wild Air Guest House?– Yes, there is onsite parking.
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at the Wild Air Guest House? – Yes, WiFi is complimentary.
- Is Breakfast available at the Wild Air Guest House? – No.
Located in a prime area with breathtaking views of Mevagissey Harbour, the Bay, and the coastline toward Plymouth, Wild Air Guest House is a top-notch bed & breakfast. Check availability of this fabulous Mevagissey B&B here!
Quirky Accommodation in Cornwall
Cornwall has a host of quirky places to stay. Here are our guides to some of our favourite unusual places to stay in Cornwall.
- Lighthouses that you can stay at in Cornwall.
- The best Cornish castles to stay in
- Converted chapels and churches to stay at in Cornwall
- Thatched Holiday Cottages in Cornwall
Travel Tips for Exploring Cornwall
BOOK ACCOMMODATION IN CORNWALL
- Sykes Cottages for fabulous holiday homes
- Holiday Cottages for great holiday cottages
- Glorious places to stay with Rural Retreats.
- Booking.com for hotels & B&B.s
Read about Cornwall in these incredible books
Here’s how to get to Cornwall
Book the best tours and guides on GetYourGuide
Book Trains & Buses with Omio
Check Megabus timetables and fares to Cornwall here.
Rent a Car with Discover Cars
Never get lost with the Ordnance Survey Maps App
Final Words on the Best 10 Places to Stay in Mevagissey
If you want to stay in the quintessential Cornish fishing village then you’ve come to the right place. In Mevagissey, you’ll find great fish and chips, crabbing in t the harbour and some excellent access to the South West Coast Path. There are some fabulous places to stay in Mevagissey too, from great hotels, super holiday cottages and fabulous Mevagissey B&Bs that will make your stay here really special.
Cornwall’s Best is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.