St Austell is one of Cornwall’s largest towns and its history related to the china clay industry goes back centuries. There’s great beer here with a brewery, fabulous beaches nearby and some incredible gardens too. St Austell is a super place to base yourself to explore South Cornwall and so we’ve picked the best places to stay in St Austell. There are some lovely St Austell B&Bs as well as rather nice hotels and the best St Austell holiday homes too. Here are the best places to stay in St Austell.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED AND AFFILIATE LINKS. MORE INFORMATION IN OUR DISCLAIMER
The 8 Best Holiday Cottages in St Austell
If you’re looking for self-catering accommodation in St Austell, then we’ve sought out the best of holiday cottages and apartments in the area. These St Austell holiday homes are charming, in great locations, and with fabulous furnishing and amenities. Here are St Austell’s best holiday cottages.
This Grade II Listed holiday villa is in Charlestown near St Austell. This charming home, the Marine Pearl has a distinctly whimsical vibe, and this St Austell holiday home has a warmth and distinctive style that you won’t find anywhere else. From the bespoke kitchen with the double-width stove and solid wood units to the stunning oak dining table, this is a beautiful holiday property in St Austell. See more photos and reviews of the Marine Pearl here.
This glorious holiday home in St Austell sleeps up to 6 in 3 bedrooms and is elegantly and stylishly decorated with unique furnishings. Two of the three bathrooms have double-ended freestanding baths, and the garden is private and filled with mature shrubs. There’s Wi-Fi throughout the property and you’re within a short stroll to the seashore. Want more information on the Marine Pearl?
The Marine Pearl Features
- Grade II listed Charlestown Holiday Home
- There’s free parking and charging for electric vehicles
- WiFi is available
- Garden and courtyard
- Dryer and washing machine
Key Information about the Marine Pearl
- 3 Bedroom
- 3 Bathroom
- Full Kitchen
This stunning holiday home in Charlestown is perfectly located for a holiday in South Cornwall Check availability here.
If you make St Austell your base, then you’ll want to check out our best things to do near St Austell.
The Quaint Cottage, Charlestown, is a cosy modernized Cornish holiday cottage made of granite and oozing with charm. This St Austell holiday cottage is located in the distinctive community of Charlestown and features original beams as one of its period features. When you walk into this modern ground-floor apartment, the open-concept living, dining, and kitchen areas welcome you. This tastefully furnished space features both old timbers and vibrant furnishings. The kitchen is fully equipped with an electric oven and stove, a wine cooler, a microwave, a refrigerator, and a freezer. The adjacent dining area is the ideal place for up to four people to enjoy a leisurely meal. Read more reviews of the Quaint Cottage, Charlestown here.
The living room, which has a Smart TV and Bose sound system contains a comfortable sofa bed, and there’s gated, off-road parking for one car. The attractive bedroom houses a king-size bed and TV and next to the bedroom is a contemporary bathroom with a shower and a WC. See more information about this St Austell holiday cottage here
The Quaint Cottage, Charlestown Features
- Ground Floor
- Gated parking for one car
- Dogs are charged £20 each per full or part week
Key Information about the Quaint Cottage, Charlestown
- One bedroom
- One bathroom
- Sleeps up to two people
The Quaint Cottage, Charlestown is a great escape since it is conveniently close to Charlestown Quay, which has several excellent bars and restaurants. View full details and availability of this St Austell holiday apartment here.
This beautiful St Austell Holiday cottage is centrally located in St Austell and has been meticulously designed to allow families, couples, and groups to unwind and relax. With 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, this holiday cottage in St Austell sleeps up to 5 people. Bells Cottage, a double-fronted cottage has a spacious dining room with a large table and chairs that are ideal for family meals. A roomy lounge comes complete with comfortable chairs, a sofa a wood-burning stove, and a Smart TV. Bells Cottage is a popular St Austell holiday home, so you’ll need to book early!
A fully equipped kitchen has everything you need for a family holiday in St Austell, and there’s a separate utility with a washing machine and dryer. There’s also a good-sized garden with a patio area and garden furniture. 3 good-sized bedrooms are located upstairs – one main bedroom with an en-suite, plus another double and a single bedroom. There’s also a family bathroom too. Read more reviews of Bells Cottage.
Bells Cottage Features
- Wood Burning Stove
- Parking permit provided for 1 car, further parking is available at the nearby public car parks
- 1 dog allowed
- Garden with patio area with garden furniture and charcoal BBQ (charcoal not included)
Key Information about Bells Cottage
- 3 bedrooms – 2 doubles, 1 single
- 2 bathrooms – 1 bathroom with shower over bath, 1 en-suite shower room, and toilet
- Electric oven and induction hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, and washer/dryer
- Smart TV in the lounge
This St Austell holiday home sleeps up to 5 and is ideally situated in the heart of the historic market town. See complete details of the property.
This stylish holiday home in St Austell comes with a sunny enclosed garden and sleeps 3 people in 2 bedrooms. Over the Brook is an excellent St Austell home base for small families and couples travelling with canine companions. This great St Austell holiday cottage has a well-appointed kitchen, which has a double electric oven, a gas stovetop, a dishwasher, a refrigerator/freezer, a washer and dryer, and a microwave. Moving into the roomy, light lounge/diner you’ll find chic comfortable sofas and double doors opening onto the enclosed patio. View full availability of this St Austell Holiday cottage here.
There is a large patio area outside the lounge/diner that is partially covered in artificial turf and equipped with a table and chairs so that you can eat outside at this holiday cottage. The completely fenced-in garden is great for relaxing and is also great for young kids and dogs. Complete details about this holiday cottage are available here.
Over the Brook Features
- Beach 2 miles, Pub, shops, and restaurants within walking distance
- Driveway parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed and private garden with terrace to alfresco dining
- 2 dogs allowed
Key Information about Over the Brook
- 2 bedrooms, 1 king size, 1 single
- 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC, separate WC
- Built-in double electric oven, gas hob, washer dryer, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and microwave
- Smart TV, Blue Ray player, and Bluetooth speak in the lounge
- Iron, ironing board, and hair dryer available
Over the Brook has been tastefully decorated and fitted out, and the fantastic fenced yard is ideal for the whole family to unwind in. Check availability here.
Located in the heart of Charlestown, this lovely and light open-plan living/dining/kitchen space is the centrepiece of this magnificent holiday apartment. The spacious yet cosy living space is perfect for relaxing and watching TV or simply relaxing in front of the wood burner. This sleek, contemporary apartment has clean lines and is extremely comfortable. The well-lit kitchen area has everything you could possibly need, including an electric oven and range, microwave, fridge/freezer, and dishwasher. You can check the availability of this Charlestown apartment here.
This gorgeous apartment sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms and has two bathrooms. The main bedroom’s en suite bathroom has a shower and a toilet. There’s one other kingsized bedroom and a twin room too along with a family bathroom. The delightful enclosed patio area outside is accessed through bi-fold doors in the dining area, and a full set of garden furniture extends your living space even further. There’s also off-road parking for one car. Check the price of Midships here.
- Wi-Fi included
- Beach, pubs, and shops within walking distance
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed patio area with furniture
Key Information about Midships
- 3 bedrooms: 2 king-size and 1 twin
- 1 Bathroom with separate shower and WC, 1 en-suite shower and WC, 1 downstairs WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, and dishwasher
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Wood burner
- Bed linen, towels (not beach towels) included
- Electric, underfloor, and central heating included
This is the ideal location for visiting numerous good restaurants and historic pubs, right in the centre of Charlestown’s old harbour. – a great location in a beautiful environment. See more reviews about this holiday cottage.
6. The Old Smokehouse, St Austell
Scenically located in the harbour area of Charleston, the Old Smokehouse has been meticulously transformed into the ideal family vacation home or hideaway for two while maintaining some of its original features. This Charlestown holiday rental features two bedrooms, a TV, and a fully furnished kitchen with a dishwasher, a microwave, a washing machine, a fridge, and an oven for guests’ use. There are more photos and reviews of the Old Smokehouse here.
The open-plan living area is delightfully contemporary, with clean lines and bright décor along with a leather sofa, stylish armchair and Smart TV. Charlestown’s Old Smokehouse also has both a front lawn and a private patio with furniture and a parking space for one car. View complete details of this holiday cottage here.
The Old Smokehouse Features
- Allocated parking bay for one car
- Front lawn with furniture and barbecue and rear patio
- One well-behaved pet welcome fee is payable
Key Information about The Old Smokehouse
- Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size with TV and 1 x twin with TV
- Cloakroom with basin and WC
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin, and WC
- Open-plan living space with kitchen, dining area, and sitting area
- Underfloor central heating throughout
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, Smart TV, DVD, radio, and a selection of books
- Bed linen, towels, fuel and power inc. in rent
This is a fabulous location for a truly lovely holiday rental on Charlestown Harbour. See availability here.
Honeysuckle House offers lovely lodging in a picture-postcard location and has an exposed stone fireplace and beams. This 2 bedroom holiday home is just a few minutes walk from the harbourside in Charlestown and has a pretty front cottage style garden. There’s a well-equipped kitchen here with an electric cooker, microwave, fridge with freezer section, washing machine, and dishwasher. This listed terraced holiday cottage is in a fabulous location and also has a super comfy sitting room too. This is a popular holiday home, you’ll want to reserve early.
Honeysuckle House has a family bathroom and two well-sized bedrooms (a double and a twin), and there’s also a garden with a grassed area and garden furniture too. . Read more reviews of the Honeysuckle House.
Honeysuckle House Features
- Fuel and power, bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Road-side parking
- Garden with grassed area and furniture
Key Information about Honeysuckle House
- Two bedrooms; 1 x double, 1 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin, and WC
- Sitting/dining with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, fridge with freezer section, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
Honeysuckle House provides wonderful holiday accommodation in a great location. Complete details and availability are here.
In Charlestown Harbor, this end Georgian terraced holiday home is delightfully decorated and furnished. There’s a combination of contemporary and character furnishings with bright clean décor that makes the most of the space here. The Olivia has two bedrooms and sleeps 4 people with one bathroom. There’s a fully equipped kitchen, and a fabulously cosy wood-burning stove here too. Want to see more about the Olivia?
There’s a small front garden, and a wonderfully private and stylish rear patio, perfect for drinks at sunset. The Olivia has WiFi and there’s also free parking and an EV charging point too. Click here to see all reviews about this holiday cottage!
The Olivia Features
- Wood Burner
- Free parking here as well as a charging point for electric vehicles
Key Information about the Olivia
- 2 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom with a bathtub
- Dishwasher, freezer, and microwave
- Garden and courtyard
This beautiful home is simply but stylishly decorated and in a wonderful location. See more photos and reviews of the Olivia here.
The 3 Best Hotels in St Austell
You’re spoiled for choice with hotels in St Austell, and so I’ve picked the best of the best, these have fabulous facilities, spas and swimming pools, all you need to do is pick your perfect location for your hotel in St Austell.
Boscundle Manor is a fantastic haven for relaxation and rejuvenation. The first thing you notice is that the building is really as beautiful as it appears in the photographs. This gorgeous St Austell Hotel is set on 2 acres of grounds with stunning views. And yet you’re only 20 minutes from the beach. There’s a spa and an indoor pool here at this haven near St Austell. There’s a croquet lawn, woodland and terraced gardens at this lovely hotel – you can check availability here.
With a variety of rooms and suites, this is a luxurious place to stay in St Austell and you can even walk to one of St Austell’s famous gardens from here, Pinetum Gardens (it’s one of our favourite places to visit in St Austell). We love the suites that have private terraces and the breakfast is amazing here! Explore more options at Boscundle Manor here.
- Boscundle Manor Address: Boscundle, St Austell, PL25 3RL, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at the Boscundle Manor? – Yes, free private parking available at the hotel
- Is there a Restaurant onsite at the Boscundle Manor? – Yes
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at the Boscundle Manor? – Yes
- Is Breakfast available at the Boscundle Manor? – Yes
There are woodlands, a croquet green, and terraced gardens at the Boscundle Manor Hotel. Boscundle Manor is a tiny country inn with upscale lodging that is just one mile from the renowned Eden Project in a lovely forested location about a mile from the coast. Boscundle Manor books out quickly, so you’ll need to reserve early!
The Carlyon Bay Hotel and Spa, perched on the craggy cliffs of St Austell Bay, offers a luxury spa, an award-winning restaurant, and a golf course. This St Austell hotel features 4-star rooms and magnificent views. The roomy accommodations at Carlyon Bay each include a flat-screen TV, tea and coffee-making amenities, and private bathrooms with contemporary fixtures. Some enjoy breathtaking vistas of the English Channel. Check prices of rooms at The Carlyon Bay Hotel and Spa here.
There’s an indoor and outdoor swimming pool and spa here, as well as the Bay View restaurant which specialises in seafood and vintage wines. This is a magnificent place to stay. See room rates here.
- The Carlyon Bay Hotel and Spa Address: Sea Road, St Austell, PL25 3RD, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at The Carlyon Bay Hotel and Spa? – Yes, free private parking available at the hotel
- Is there a Restaurant onsite at The Carlyon Bay Hotel and Spa? – Yes
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at The Carlyon Bay Hotel and Spa? – Yes
- Is Breakfast available at The Carlyon Bay Hotel and Spa? – Yes
For stunning sea views, fabulous facilities and an amazing restaurant come to the Carlyon Bay Hotel! View full details and availability of this hotel.
The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate in St. Austell is a magnificent 4-star hotel & spa set in 43 acres of serene, forested parkland. Rooms and suites here have flat-screen TVs and luxury appointments. For even more privacy, why not opt for a woodland lodge? There’s more detail here.
There is ample parking here, an indoor pool and a glorious spa facility too. The hotel also has a tennis court that is free for hotel guests. Click here to view the hotel’s availability.
- The Cornwall Hotel Address: Pentewan Road, Tregorrick, St Austell, PL26 7AB, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at The Cornwall Hotel? – Yes, free private parking available at the hotel
- Is there a Restaurant onsite at The Cornwall Hotel? – Yes
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at The Cornwall Hotel? – Yes
- Is Breakfast available at The Cornwall Hotel? – Yes
This magnificent 19th-century manor estate features an infinity pool, a gym, and a spa. It provides a variety of accommodation options only a few kilometres from The Eden Project. Check prices of rooms here
The 2 Best St Austell Bed and Breakfasts
We’ve selected two of the best B&Bs in St Austell, for their great location, fabulous breakfasts, and friendly hosts, here are St Austell’s best B&Bs.
There are several room options at this friendly St Austell B&B – from a double/twin to a triple and a family room, all the options have a private bathroom and tea and coffee-making facilities in rooms. Breakfasts are great here, with full English or even Asian options. Check prices of rooms at the Bankside Bed and Breakfast here.
- Bankside Bed and Breakfast Address: 40a Bodmin Road, St Austell, PL25 5AF, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at the Bankside Bed and Breakfast? – Yes, free private parking is available on-site
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at the Bankside Bed and Breakfast? – Yes
- Is Breakfast available at the Bankside Bed and Breakfast? – Yes
This friendly B&B provides ground floor rooms within easy walking distance to Charlestown. Rooms have a flat-screen TV and private bathrooms and serves a vegetarian or continental breakfast. There’s also a seating area. Want more information on Number 6?
- Number 6 Address: 6 Brookside, St Austell, PL25 4HL, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at Number 6? – Yes, free private parking is available on-site
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at Number 6? – No
- Is Breakfast available at Number 6? – Yes
This is a superb room with an en suite shower that is both roomy and immaculate. Read more reviews of Number 6 here.
Quirky Accommodation in Cornwall
Cornwall has a host of quirky places to stay. Here are our guides to some of our favourite unusual places to stay in Cornwall.
- Lighthouses that you can stay at in Cornwall.
- The best Cornish castles to stay in
- Converted chapels and churches to stay at in Cornwall
- Thatched Holiday Cottages in Cornwall
Travel Tips for Exploring Cornwall
BOOK ACCOMMODATION IN CORNWALL
- Sykes Cottages for fabulous holiday homes
- Holiday Cottages for great holiday cottages
- Glorious places to stay with Rural Retreats.
- Booking.com for hotels & B&B.s
Read about Cornwall in these incredible books
Here’s how to get to Cornwall
Book the best tours and guides on GetYourGuide
Book Trains & Buses with Omio
Check Megabus timetables and fares to Cornwall here.
Rent a Car with Discover Cars
Never get lost with the Ordnance Survey Maps App
Final Words on the Best St Austell Holiday Accommodation
Whether you’re looking for a hotel, B&B or a holiday cottage in St Austell, there are plenty of options, but this is a popular place to stay, so you’ll want to choose well and early. Opt perhaps for an elegant hotel in private woodland, or a friendly B&B close to Charlestown harbour. Or take a look at the St Austell holiday cottages and go self-catering with some glorious options.
Cornwall’s Best is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.