Hugging Cornwall’s North Coast and abutting Devon, is the seaside town of Bude. Famous for its rocky seashore and surfing community, this quirky town sports the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the verdant rolling farmland on the other. It’s the perfect base to explore the Northern Cornish reaches. Popular with hikers attempting the South West Coast Path, Bude is a delight, and you’ll find some glorious and idyllic places to stay here. There are lovely hotels, friendly B&Bs and some stunning and secluded holiday cottages, here are the best places to stay in Bude, Cornwall.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED AND AFFILIATE LINKS. MORE INFORMATION IN OUR DISCLAIMER
The Best Holiday Cottages in Bude
Whether you’d prefer an apartment in town, close to the beaches, or a Bude holiday home with sea views, this lovely North Cornwall seaside town has it all. Acres of farmland and rural bliss means that secluded Cornish country cottages are available too! We’ve chosen Bude’s best holiday cottages and apartments with stunning facilities, rural relaxation and great locations for your stay in Bude. Here are the best holiday cottages in Bude.
The Lost Gardens Holiday Rental, near Bude
Stay at an exquisitely restored old English farmhouse set away in the Cornish countryside to get away from it all. As you enter the driveway after travelling along the quiet lanes to get here, the Atlantic blue suddenly appears across the undulating meadows. Despite being just ten minutes drive from Bude’s beaches, clubs, and restaurants, this house feels like a true getaway. There’s more about what this glorious Bude holiday home has here.
Although there is wi-fi to keep you connected, mobile service can be spotty due to the area’s rural setting, perfect for a getaway from it all. There is on-site parking for up to four cars, and, we advise driving if you want to explore this area fully. On request, child-friendly amenities like a crib and highchair are available. Check out more about The Lost Gardens here.
The Lost Gardens Features
- VIP services such as Daily Cleaning, Fridge Fills, and Luggage storage are available
- 3 Wood Burners
- Parking for 3 cars
Key Information about The Lost Gardens
- 4 bedrooms, a total of 6 beds and 3 bathrooms
- One well-behaved dog is welcome to join you for an additional £25 per stay
- Bed linen and bath towels are provided
- Dining table doubles as a laptop-friendly workspace
- Larger groups can add the next-door cottage to up the capacity to twelve guests
Make sure you don’t miss out on this glorious retreat. Read more reviews of The Lost Gardens here.
This lovely Bude cottage, which has a cobblestone street in front of it, is steeped in history and has undergone a thorough renovation resulting in a modern and elegant finish. The cosy lounge area with a stone-feature fireplace, a Smart TV, and comfortable sofas to unwind on after a long day of exploration welcomes you as you enter through the front door. There’s more about Bude’s Bee Cottage here.
There’s a fully equipped kitchen-diner with an oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, and washing machine, perfect for a self-catering holiday in Bude, and the enclosed patio with garden furniture means alfresco eating is a perfect option. Your location means that eating out is also easy, with so many places nearby. Upstairs, you’ll find a delightful king-sized bedroom and a twin room too.
The delightful Bee Cottage is the perfect getaway, sleeping four, in Bude. Like Bee Cottage? Click here for more details about this holiday cottage.
Bee Cottage Features
- Electric oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, and washing machine
- Smart TV in the lounge
- Enclosed garden with patio area with table and chairs
- Private parking for 2 cars
- Pub and shop 200 meters
- Beach 0.5 miles
- No pets
Key Information about Bee Cottage
- 2 bedrooms – 1 king-size and 1 twin
- 1 wet room with a walk-in shower and WC
Bee Cottage is truly a beautifully renovated cottage, full of character with stylish furnishings. This holiday cottage books out quickly, so you’ll need to reserve early!
Step inside this lovely home, which you enter on the first floor because of its unique layout. From here the living space is first reached via a stunningly attractive stairwell with a skylight and accent lighting. The living room, in this lovely Bude holiday cottage, has been beautifully decorated in a modern, fresh manner and is equipped with a Smart TV, a corner group sofa, and a cosy wood-burning stove. You can see more of the features of this holiday cottage in Bude here.
An additional snug with a further TV and a fully equipped kitchen, complete with a full oven, hob and dishwasher make self-catering easy and a set of bi-folding doors leading to the garden make it simple to eat outside. There’s also a shower room and utility on this level. The main bedroom is a king-size en-suite and there are two further bedrooms, making this a great option for friends or larger families.
The delightful enclosed patio at the rear of this lovely holiday cottage provides glimpses of the sea, garden furniture and a wonderfully private hot tub in which to relax. There’s also off-road parking too. Want to stay at Comrie? Click here to see available dates.
- Electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, and dishwasher
- Utility with washer/dryer
- Smart TV in the lounge area and the snug
- Wood-burner (the first basket of logs included)
- 2 dogs are allowed. Dogs are charged £20 each per full or part week
- Beach, pubs, and shops are all within walking distance
Key Information about Comrie
- 4 bedrooms – 1 super-king, 1 king, 1 twin, and 1 bunk bedroom (suitable for children 14 years and under)
- 1 bathroom with separate shower and WC, 1 en-suite shower room with WC, and 1 wetroom style shower room with WC
- Travel cot and high chair available
- Private off-road parking for 1 car
- Useful outside shower running with hot and cold water, and dog washing area
This lovely holiday cottage has been tastefully decorated and furnished in a high-end contemporary design. It contains a sumptuous hot tub and is the ideal base for a laid-back but enjoyable family getaway to Cornwall. You can see available dates for this Bude Holiday rental here.
When you arrive at this lovely holiday home in Bude, there is plenty of off-road parking, This lovely Bude holiday home, sleeps eight guests and can accommodate two more visitors in the annexe This Bude cottage is ideal for a family vacation along the stunning coast. See more details about Otterburn House here.
Otterburn House has a study, a snug, and a conservatory, so there’s lots of space for all members of your group. This gorgeous Bude holiday home has a spectacular kitchen/diner, which is equipped with everything you need for self-catering, including electric double ovens and hobs, roomy refrigerators and freezers, and the crucial dishwasher to aid in clean-up. There’s more information on this Bude holiday cottage here.
Otterburn House Features
- One well-behaved pet is welcome (additional pets can be brought along by prior arrangement with the owner)
- Electric double ovens and hobs, microwave, 2 x fridge/freezers, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Sky (cinema and sports packages inc.)
- Sitting room with wood-burning stove
- Shop 1.2 miles, pub 0.7 miles, beach 1.8 miles
Key Information about Otterburn House
- Four bedrooms: 2 x king-size with en-suite walk-in showers, basins, and WCs, 2 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, basin, and WC
- Ground-floor shower room with walk-in shower, basin, and WC
- Oil central heating
- Fuel, power, and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen, towels, and beach towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
Otterburn House, a wonderful rural cottage with an amazing garden and hot tub, is tucked away just outside the busy seaside town of Bude in Cornwall. Read more reviews of Otterburn House.
With two stylish bedrooms, this modern top-floor holiday apartment in Bude can accommodate four people. It’s the ideal escape for small families or groups of friends looking to experience a classic holiday on the Cornish coast and it offers stunning sea views in a fabulous location. Just take a look at the photos for the view you’ll get!
The kitchen in this top-floor Bude holiday apartment is fully equipped with a gas range, electric oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, and washing machine. The beach is just a stone’s throw from this sumptuous two-storey apartment in Bude. There’s a well-lit lounge with stunning sea views and two spacious bedrooms. Ocean View books out quickly, so you’ll need to reserve early.
Ocean View Features
- Incredible sea views
- Free street parking on the road outside the flat.
- Beach restaurant pub, shops, and golf course are all within walking distance
- Gas hob and electric oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, and washing machine
- Smart TV in the lounge
- Games console
Key Information about Ocean View
- 2 bedrooms – 1 super-king (can be twin on request) 1 bunk room
- 1 shower room with separate WC
- No dogs allowed
- Lawned garden area to the rear of the property
A spacious top-floor apartment with fabulous sea views, this is the perfect beach retreat for families or couples. Like the look of Ocean View? View complete details here.
This single-storey, holiday home in Bude is tucked away in a quiet area in the hamlet of Upton on the outskirts of Bude. There’s a great, spacious open-concept living room with a well-equipped kitchen, dining area, and sitting space enjoying lovely meadow views. The enclosed garden with a raised decking area is a perfect private sun trap. You can read more about Millers’ Cottage here.
A comfortable double bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and off-road parking completes this small but perfectly formed Bude holiday cottage. Want to see more about Millers Cottage?
Millers Cottage Features
- Off-road parking for one car
- Enclosed courtyard garden
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area, and sitting area
- Electric panel heaters
- Microwave, fridge-freezer, tumble dryer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with DVD, WiFi,
- No pets
- Pub less than 1 mile from the property
Key Information about Millers Cottage
- All ground floor
- One bedroom: a double bedroom with en suite bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Fuel and power included in rent
- Bed linen and towels are included in the rent
Miller’s Cottage is a fantastic location year-round for couples who enjoy this region of Cornwall’s beautiful sand and surf beaches and magnificent Coast Path hiking. Check availability of this lovely holiday cottage in Bude here.
This is a gorgeous four-floor holiday apartment in Bude with four bedrooms and an open-plan living area. On the first floor with stairs leading up to it, providing panoramic views over the downs and the sea. The fully equipped kitchen comes complete with a dishwasher, microwave, fridge-freezer, electric oven, and gas range. Want to stay at The Upper Deck? Check more detail here.
The property is huge and very nicely furnished, making it ideal for a multigenerational family. The gaming room is wonderful, especially for older kids or adults; who will especially like the PlayStation and football table. The scones and clotted cream upon arrival are also a lovely touch. The Upper Deck books out quickly, so you’ll need to reserve early.
The Upper Deck Features
- Off-road parking for one car, further parking is usually available on a quiet road nearby
- Enclosed garden with barbecue
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- No smoking
- Pub less than 1 mile from property
Key Information about The Upper Deck
- Over four floors
- Four bedrooms: a super king-size double with en suite shower room with shower, basin, and WC and a twin on the second floor
- A super king-size double with en suite shower room with shower, basin, and WC, a twin and a bathroom with bath, shower over, basin, and WC on the top floor
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area, and sitting area on the first floor
- Ground floor play den, utility room, and shower room with shower, basin, and WC.
- Underfloor heating
- Microwave, fridge-freezer, tumble dryer, washing machine, dishwasher
- Smart TV/DVD with Netflix and Britbox, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
Upper Deck in Bude is a large four-bedroom, four-bathroom townhouse that sleeps eight people and is great for groups and families travelling together. You can see available dates here.
This wonderfully refurbished stone cottage fuses modern interior decor with traditional rural construction. Expect wooden gable ends and stone walls that are complemented by mid-century modern furniture and colourful accents. The living room provides plenty of space for unwinding after beach outings and excursions along this gorgeous coastline and the sunny bedrooms are cosy and quiet. There’s more about Redclaw Bloom here
Light the wood-burning fire and curl up on the couches when the wind picks up, or spend pleasant afternoons on the gorgeous patio with a sizzling barbeque lunch on sunny days. For a crisp cider in the beer garden and live acoustic music in the evening, pop over to the pub, a three-minute stroll up the road. It’s the perfect location for a Cornish summer holiday. Like Redclaw Bloom? Reserve your dates here.
Redclaw Bloom Features
- Car parking
- Barbecue, courtyard, and garden
Key Information about Redclaw Bloom
- The cottage neighbours St Olaf’s church graveyard
- This is a child-friendly home and a cot, high chair, and stair gate are available upon request
- DVD library and DVD player available
- Bathtub, luxury toiletries, and rain shower
It’s just a 20-minute walk into town from Redclaw bloom – and you can see the availability of this gorgeous holiday cottage in Bude here.
We’ve picked the best hotels in Bude for your stay, combining traditional and modern, our Bude hotel options have great locations, fabulous features, and luxurious amenities.
The Falcon Hotel
Each of the traditional-styled rooms at The Falcon Hotel features an en suite bathroom with free toiletries. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is also provided in each room. The lovely walled gardens, which have terraces, balconies, and arches, are a great place to unwind. There’s a Beer Terrace, while the Breakwater Brasserie is air-conditioned and serves food made with fresh local ingredients. Read more reviews of The Falcon Hotel.
The beach is a 4-minute walk from the Falcon Hotel, which offers free Wi-Fi and free parking on-site. This lovely Bude Hotel overlooks the Bude Canal and is only a short distance from the sandy beaches of the west Cornish coast. Check prices of rooms at The Falcon Hotel.
- The Falcon Hotel Address: Breakwater Road, Bude, EX23 8SD, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at The Falcon Hotel? – Yes, free private parking available at the hotel
- Is there a Restaurant onsite at The Falcon Hotel? – Yes
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at The Falcon Hotel? – Yes
- Is Breakfast available at The Falcon Hotel? – Yes
Make the most of your trip to Bude by staying at The Falcon Hotel. See room rates here.
This stylish four-star guest accommodation resembles a small boutique hotel, is near to the historic town centre and surrounded by stunning surf beaches. This lovely Bude Hotel has a relaxed and informal feel and you can check availability here.
The Edgcumbe Hotel is a family-run beachfront establishment with unmatched views of Summerleaze Beach, the Hills & Downs, and the Neet River Valley. It’s a great starting point from which to explore North Cornwall all year round. The onsite Deck Restaurant also offers a vibrant, vivacious informal eating experience. The Edgecumbe Hotel books out quickly, so you’ll need to reserve early.
- The Edgecumbe Hotel Address: Summerleaze Crescent, Bude, EX23 8HJ, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at The Edgecumbe Hotel? – Yes, free parking is available on-site
- Is there a Restaurant onsite at The Edgecumbe Hotel? – Yes
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at The Edgecumbe Hotel? – Yes
- Is Breakfast available at The Edgecumbe Hotel? – Yes
The Edgecumbe Hotel is in the perfect location to take in all of North Cornwall’s attractions and activities. Want more details? Click here to find out more about The Edgecumbe Hotel.
These Bude Bed and Breakfasts are well located and provide some great accommodation with super friendly service. These best Bude B&Bs include great breakfasts, fast WiFi, and parking too!
The Links Side B&B, Bude
The Links Side offers luxurious, 4 Star-rated, welcoming, and pleasant bed & breakfast lodging in Bude. Beaches, shops, restaurants, pubs, and the coastal walkway are all within a short walking distance of this lovely Bude B&B. There are views of the golf course and Bude Downs from the front of the property and this Bude Bed and Breakfast has five rooms with en suite bathrooms and one with a separate bathroom. See availability here.
This high-quality, B&B has beaches, restaurants, and the South West coastal footpath all within walking distance, and all rooms have tea and coffee and wireless internet access. Hair dryers and tea and coffee-making equipment are provided in every room. TVs in the rooms include Freeview and there’s also a DVD player too. Check all room prices by clicking here.
- The Links Side Address: 7 Burn View, Bude, EX23 8BY, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at The Links Side? – No
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at The Links Side? – Yes, free wifi is available
- Is Breakfast available at The Links Side? – Yes
The Links Side, which has a view of the golf course, is only a 5-minute stroll from Crooklets Beach and the South West Coast Path. Like the sound of the Links Side? Click here to see more details.
Sea Jade B&B has friendly and accommodating hosts at this lovely Bude B&B. Each room here includes a flat-screen Freeview TV and tea & coffee-making amenities. The showers in the private bathrooms are also heated by solar energy. This Bude B&B offers a classic cooked breakfast each morning, as well. Along with vegetarian options and a continental feast of meals, other alternatives include cereals, jams, fruit juices, and fresh fruit. Check availability at this Bude B&B here
The hosts here at this friendly Bude B&B are knowledgeable about the area, and the super location of this B&B means that you’re not far from anything in town. The Sea Jade Bed and Breakfast is popular with South West Coast Hikers! There’s more information about Sea Jade when you click here.
- Sea Jade Address: 15 Burn View, Bude, EX23 8BZ, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at Sea Jade? – Yes
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at Sea Jade? – Yes, free wifi is available
- Is Breakfast available at Sea Jade? – Yes
Eight rooms are available at Sea Jade Guest House, and you can see room rates here.
Quirky Accommodation in Cornwall
Cornwall has a host of quirky places to stay. Here are our guides to some of our favourite unusual places to stay in Cornwall.
- Lighthouses that you can stay at in Cornwall.
- The best Cornish castles to stay in
- Converted chapels and churches to stay at in Cornwall
- Thatched Holiday Cottages in Cornwall
Travel Tips for Exploring Cornwall
BOOK ACCOMMODATION IN CORNWALL
- Sykes Cottages for fabulous holiday homes
- Holiday Cottages for great holiday cottages
- Glorious places to stay with Rural Retreats.
- Booking.com for hotels & B&B.s
Read about Cornwall in these incredible books
Here’s how to get to Cornwall
Book the best tours and guides on GetYourGuide
Book Trains & Buses with Omio
Check Megabus timetables and fares to Cornwall here.
Rent a Car with Discover Cars
Never get lost with the Ordnance Survey Maps App
Final Words on the Best Places to Stay in Bude
The ideal location for exploring the north of Cornwall, and venturing into neighbouring Devon too. Bude combines the wildness of the Atlantic Coast with peaceful farmland behind the town. From glorious surfing beaches to fabulous stretches of the South West Coast Path, this is a super place to explore. Whether you opt for a secluded Bude holiday rental or a friendly B&B, this is a great place to chill out, explore and spend your Cornish holiday time.
Cornwall’s Best is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.