This historically significant town might be miles inland from Cornwall’s fantastic beaches and coasts, but she certainly packs a punch when it comes to things to do and Bodmin is a great place to stay in Cornwall. If you’re looking for somewhere that’s off the main tourist track in Cornwall, want to explore the history and even stay in some of her historic buildings, then come to Bodmin. And then, of course, there’s the magnificent Bodmin moor. Here are the best places to stay in Bodmin to put you at the centre of this gorgeous historic Cornish town.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED AND AFFILIATE LINKS. MORE INFORMATION IN OUR DISCLAIMER
You can’t get much quirkier than staying in the most historically significant building in Bodmin – I’m talking about the Bodmin Jail hotel, where, yes you actually get to stay in the old cells that date from the 18th century. Bodmin Jail is covered in the Poldark series, which scores highly in our top books about Cornwall. There are friendly bed and breakfasts here in Bodmin and some truly glorious holiday cottages and even Grade II listed holiday apartments. Being so close to Bodmin Moor there are also some fabulously remote rural properties too – so come on in and find out where to stay in Bodmin and her surrounds.
The 6 Best Holiday Cottages in Bodmin
Fancy a Grade II listed apartment with stunning views? Or a rural idyll? We’ve chosen Bodmin’s best holiday cottages and apartments with the most glorious facilities, a perfect oasis of calm and relaxation for your stay in Bodmin. Here are the best holiday cottages in Bodmin.
You enter the grounds of Priory Park, Bodmin, the location of the glorious Five Sashes apartment, through antique iron gates, and an off-road parking place is waiting for you before you enter the large entrance hall through the main front door. Five Sashes is a very spacious first-floor apartment in a Grade II listed building that was formerly a Country House. The spacious bedroom has a gorgeous en-suite and a sizable open-plan living area with wonderful high ceilings in this stunning Bodmin first-floor apartment, which can be accessed via the stairs. Read more reviews of Five Sashes here!
This wonderful holiday apartment in Bodmin comes with a fully functional kitchen and all the amenities you need for a luxurious and comfortable stay. If you prefer to go out for the evening, there are a ton of well-known restaurants and pubs nearby Five Sashes. Want to see more about Five Sashes?
Five Sashes Features
- First-floor apartment
- Off-road parking for one car
- Broadband / Wifi available
- Smart TV and WiFi
- Fuel and power are included in the rent.
Key Information about Five Sashes
- No pets and no smoking.
- Shop and pub are within 0.1 miles
- One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin, heated towel rail, and WC
- Open-plan living space with kitchen, dining area, and sitting area
Five Sashes is an ideal spot for exploring the Cornish town of Bodmin. See rates for this gorgeous Bodmin apartment here!
This beautifully converted barn was formerly a dairy farm on the Lanhydrock estate and is now one of the Bodmin holiday cottages available to rent. All the cottages provide a high standard of accommodation, with cosy wood-burning fireplaces and pleasant furnishings, and have been expertly adapted from a variety of old farm buildings. Take a look at more information on the Coach House.
The Coach House features an open-plan kitchen with an electric range, microwave, and fridge/freezer, as well as a cosy south-facing living area with a sofa and armchairs, TV and DVD player, and dining room seating for four and an open fireplace. The living area also opens out onto a glorious veranda for al-fresco living. The second bedroom contains 3 ft wide bunk beds, while the main bedroom has a double bed, a wardrobe, and storage. In addition to a bath with a shower attachment, a sink, a toilet, a heated towel rail, and a shaver connection, the bathroom also offers a separate shower room with a huge quadrant shower enclosure. The Coach House books out quickly, so you’ll need to reserve early!
The Coach House Features
- All ground floor
- Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, shower, WC, and basin
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining, and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV with Freeview, DVD player, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels included in the rent
Key Information about The Coach House
- No smoking
- Pets are allowed
- No children under the age of 8 years including infants
- Veranda with furniture
Enjoying a beautiful setting amidst 40 acres of farmland on the edge of Bodmin Moor, this delightful cottage provides a perfect location for a relaxing holiday. Check prices of The Coach House in Bodmin here.
If you’re looking for a superb rural escape, with local facilities close by, then this Bodmin Holiday cottage is perfect. Dairy Cottage is a single-level idyllic holiday cottage and comes with an innovative built-in kitchen with a combination microwave, small fridge, separate 7-bottle wine cooler, and dishwasher. There’s a separate tea dining area and a tastefully decorated en suite shower room with a large, powerful shower are just a few of the features of this delightfully cosy holiday home in Bodmin. In the winter months, the independent oil-fired central heating will keep you toasty. See available dates and prices for this Bodmin holiday cottage here!
Dairy Cottage, near Bodmin, has two bedrooms, a twin room that can be converted to a double (6 feet) upon request, and a double bedroom with an en-suite wet room and WC. There are TVs in both bedrooms. There’s also a family bathroom with a bathtub and shower above. This delightful rural idyll comes with a pond, paved terrace, a lawn, and an enclosed, attractive garden. Reserve your dates at this gorgeous Bodmin Holiday cottage now!!
Dairy Cottage Features
- Ground level accommodation with hallway, country style kitchen, open plan living room with wood burner
- Dining area and sunroom
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite wet room, and a family bathroom with bath and shower over, basin, and WC.
- Central heating, Range style electric cooker, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher use of owner tumble dryer
Key Information about Dairy Cottage
- TV, WiFi
- Electricity inc in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc in rent
- Cot and high chair available
- Off-road parking for 3 cars
- Bike storage
- No smoking
- Pets are allowed
Dairy Cottage is an ideal location in Bodmin close to the town’s attractions and the beautiful Bodmin Moor. Dairy Cottage is a popular Bodmin Holiday Cottage, so book early!
Stores & Supplies is a stunning Bodmin Holiday apartment converted from a historic granite building in Bodmin. Stores & Supplies, is dripping with traditional charm thanks to its sloped ceilings, exposed wood beams, and granite steps. You’ll want to take a look at more of the features of this gorgeous Bodmin Holiday flat here
There’s a state-of-the-art kitchen, perfect for self-catering while enjoying amazing views of Bodmin Moor. And after a long day of exploring Cornwall, retire to one of the gorgeous guestrooms. Choose between a lovely double room with an en-suite shower room and a twin room, both of which have Velux windows with nighttime stargazing opportunities. Check the availability of this holiday apartment in Bodmin here!
Stores & Supplies Features
- Sleeps up to 4 persons over 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms
- First-floor open-plan living space with kitchen, dining area, and sitting area
- Utility and storage area for bikes etc
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, and WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
Key Information about Stores & Supplies
- Off-road parking for two cars
- No pets
- No smoking
Enjoy luxurious holiday accommodation in Bodmin at Stores & Supplies, a magnificent base for exploring the Bodmin area Read more reviews of Stores & Supplies.
You can’t ask for a better place to explore Cornwall from. 2 Emma Place is an oasis in the heart of Bodmin with stunning decor and comfortable furnishings. You are welcomed into this spacious accommodation that includes a separate sitting room with an open fireplace, perfect for cosy evenings during the cooler months, as well as a charming dining room that provides a communal and social area for eating and relaxing. 2 Emma Place books out quickly, so you’ll need to reserve early!
Children and dogs can play securely in the fully enclosed front garden, which also offers a garden table and chairs for outdoor meals and barbecues. There’s also a little courtyard with storage for bicycles and surfboards and you can. Check the rental rates for this stunning holiday cottage in Bodmin here.
2 Emma Place Features
- Over two floors
- Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size, 1 x double, 1 x trundle bed
- Bathroom, bath, shower over, basin, and WC
- Dining room
- Sitting room with open fire
- Gas central heating
- Electric Range with oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with now TV Freeview, DAB/Bluetooth stereo, WiFi
- Fuel and power and starter pack for fire during off-season inc. in rent
- Bed Linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair provided
- Books, games, and DVDs are provided
- Complimentary welcome Cream Tea on arrival
- Firewood provided
Key Information about 2 Emma Place
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- No smoking
- Shops, inns, and restaurants within paces
- The beach is within 10 miles
- Parking permit for 1 car in the car park within 2 minutes walk
- The starter pack for the open fire is a basket of logs, provided during Autumn, Winter, and Spring.
There are many places to stay in Bodmin, but 2 Emma Place is a glorious option and an oasis in Bodmin. See what other people have to say here.
This two-bedroom barn conversion in Bodmin will appeal to those seeking a romantic getaway or a place for family and friends to unwind. This perfect retreat has excellent country views and has been beautifully furnished with an outside decking area. You’re just a few minutes from Cornwall’s Camel Trail and the River Camel runs through the valley, providing for private fishing on the land here. Like Dairy Dreams? See availability here.
The living, dining, and kitchen areas are all on the ground floor and have wooden floors and bi-fold doors. The bedroom has glorious vaulted ceilings and provides for a peaceful and luxurious night. After a long day of exploring, this lovely stone-built barn’s wood burner provides a warm welcome. Dairy Dreams is a cosy sanctuary for people seeking a break from city life. Reserve early to secure your preferred dates!
Dairy Dreams Features
- Can accommodate 2 people
- 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom
- DVD player and TV available
- Dishwasher and microwave
- Dryer and washing machine
Key Information about Dairy Dreams
- No pets allowed
- Car parking available
- For outside activities, a barbecue, courtyard, and welcome hamper are available
Dairy Dreams is a beautiful place to start and end the day in. This luxury holiday getaway near Bodmin is popular, so book early.
The Best Hotel in Bodmin
We’ve opted for just one hotel in Bodmin, because, you simply can’t get better than the Bodmin Jail Hotel. You’ve got quirky (it’s an old jail), you’ve got luxurious (just take a look at the rooms and bathtubs!) and it’s seriously well located. This is the best hotel in Bodmin.
The Bodmin Jail Hotel has been painstakingly restored from this 18th-century Cornish gaol, maintaining many of the original features, yet providing chic, contemporary accommodations in Bodmin. This is a gloriously unique place to stay in Cornwall. Luxury rooms here – created from 3 former cells come complete with bars on the windows and refurbished genuine original prison doors See more about the original features of rooms at the Bodmin Jail Hotel here!
Luxury rooms here come with underfloor heating, deep freestanding baths, and luxury Egyptian cotton bedding for the perfect stay in Bodmin. From the champagne bar to the Chapel Restaurant and the Courtyard restaurant, Bodmin Jail has been transformed from historic prison to a high-end luxury hotel, the hotel rooms themselves have been constructed to retain a hint of the original cell layout, it is a simply marvellous place to stay in Bodmin. Read more reviews of Bodmin Jail Hotel here.
- Bodmin Jail Hotel Address: Scarlett’s Well Road, Bodmin, PL31 2PL, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at the Bodmin Jail Hotel? – Yes, free private parking is available at the hotel.
- Is there a Restaurant onsite at the Bodmin Jail Hotel? – Yes.
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at the Bodmin Jail Hotel? – Yes.
- Is Breakfast available at the Bodmin Jail Hotel? – Yes.
You won’t find a quirkier place to spend the night in this glorious county than Bodmin Jail Hotel. Check availability here!
The 2 Best Bed and Breakfasts in Bodmin
These Bodmin Bed and Breakfasts are well located and provide some great accommodation with super friendly service. These best Bodmin B&Bs include great breakfasts, fast WiFi and parking too!
The Roscrea Bed & Breakfast offers guest rooms with flat-screen TVs and hair dryers. A kettle is provided in each unit at the bed and breakfast. Each room has a private bathroom with complimentary toiletries. This friendly Bodmin B&B offers a continental, Full English/Irish, or vegetarian breakfast. Bodmin’s Roscrea Bed & Breakfast is centrally located, with super owners and it’s a gorgeous property. Check the prices of rooms at Roscrea here.
Roscrea Bed & Breakfast in Bodmin has a garden and a common area, there’s also free WiFi provided at this 4-star Bodmin bed & breakfast. There’s also (bonus) off-site parking. There’s an old-world charm about this great B&B in Bodmin, and combined with the knowledgeable team here it’s a perfect place to stay. Like Roscrea? Check out more information when you click here.
- Roscrea Address: 18 St Nicholas Street, Bodmin, PL31 1AD, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at the Roscrea? – Yes, the place offers free private parking.
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at the Roscrea? – Yes.
- Is Breakfast available at the Roscrea? – No.
Roscrea B&B is a great B&B – not to miss when you visit Bodmin. Check availability here!
Every room in this lovely Bodmin bed and breakfast has a TV and a desk, plus private bathrooms with bathtubs are provided in each room. A continental breakfast is provided each day in the breakfast room and the couple that run No 12 are friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the area. Want more information on No 12?
Free WiFi is available throughout No 12 and on-site private parking is free. Hosts Lynn & Gary have a spotless bed and breakfast and this is a great option in Bodmin. Check prices of rooms at No 12 here.
- No 12 B&B Address: 12 Helman Tor View, Bodmin, PL31 1RE, United Kingdom
- Is there Parking at the No 12 B&B? – Yes, free parking is available on-site.
- Is there Free Wi-Fi at the No 12 B&B? – Yes
- Is Breakfast available at the No 12 B&B? – No.
Quirky Accommodation in Cornwall
Cornwall has a host of quirky places to stay. Here are our guides to some of our favourite unusual places to stay in Cornwall.
- Lighthouses that you can stay at in Cornwall.
- The best Cornish castles to stay in
- Converted chapels and churches to stay at in Cornwall
- Thatched Holiday Cottages in Cornwall
Travel Tips for Exploring Cornwall
BOOK ACCOMMODATION IN CORNWALL
- Sykes Cottages for fabulous holiday homes
- Holiday Cottages for great holiday cottages
- Glorious places to stay with Rural Retreats.
- Booking.com for hotels & B&B.s
Read about Cornwall in these incredible books
Here’s how to get to Cornwall
Book the best tours and guides on GetYourGuide
Book Trains & Buses with Omio
Check Megabus timetables and fares to Cornwall here.
Rent a Car with Discover Cars
Never get lost with the Ordnance Survey Maps App
Final Words on the Best Places to Stay in Bodmin
Perfectly located to explore the stunning and wild Bodmin Moor, the town of Bodmin is off the beaten track when it comes to touristy Cornwall, but that doesn’t make it any less lovely. We’ve picked some lovely, relaxing and stunningly luxurious places to stay in Bodmin – from the sumptuous Bodmin Jail Hotel to magnificent holiday cottages and stunning apartments. These are Bodmin’s best places to stay.
Cornwall’s Best is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.